UWUA’s 32nd Constitutional Convention (2023)
UWUA’s 32nd Constitutional Convention took place July 26-29, 2023 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The convention honored all of the ways UWUA members are “Essential by Industry, Exceptional by Choice.” Each day had a unique focus: embracing our differences, leveraging our strength, and determining our future together.
Delegates and guests heard from speakers including AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler, WNBPA Executive Director Terri Carmichael Jackson, journalist Kim Kelly, MLBPA Executive Director Tony Clark and more. Remarks from UWUA’s officers and debate over convention resolutions set a course that will shape the UWUA’s direction for the next four years and beyond.
Below you will find links to the convention resolutions along with recap videos and photos spanning the four days of the event. For a full recap of the convention, check out the July/August/September 2023 edition of The Utility Worker magazine.
Convention by the Numbers
128 Alternate Delegates
86 Locals Represented
14 Resolutions Passed
3 Constitutional Amendments Passed
View and download photos from the convention from Flickr.
Daily recap videos
member spotlight videos
Resolutions from the 32nd Constitutional Convention:
- Our Mission
- Essential by Industry, Exceptional by Choice
- All Sources: Safe and Reliable Electricity
- Clean and Safe Water
- Support for Nuclear Energy and Workers
- UWUA Political Action
- Safe and Reliable Natural Gas
- Protect and Expand Union and Workers’ Rights
- UWUA Health and Safety
- UWUA National Health and Welfare Trust Fund
- Power for America and the Utility Workers Military Assistance Program
- Human Rights Committee
- Our Future – Young Workers Initiative Committee
- Empowering UWUA Women