Millions of people rely on the essential services UWUA members deliver including reliable electricity and natural gas, wastewater services and clean drinking water. While some individuals have the option to work remotely, many of the services our members deliver require us to be out in the community and on-site at a facility. As this pandemic evolves, we urge our members to remain vigilant and stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We strongly urge our employers to implement measures that protect our members while they are on the job. Employers must examine sick leave and remote work policies at this time as well as safety procedures and essential staffing plans.
Check back as we continue to provide updates on this situation.
- A message from UWUA President James Slevin
- Please check back at www.uwua.net/covid
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for e-news alerts here!
UWUA Guidance for Members
- *New* UWUA: Overview of Hazard Assessments for COVID-19
- UWUA: COVID-19 Member Guidance and Recommendations
- UWUA: Safety Message – Tip Sheet
- UWUA: Employer Site Visitor Questionnaire
Guidance for Veterans and Servicemembers
Federal Agency Guidance
- *New* Centers for Disease Control: Downloadable “How To” Video Library
- Centers for Disease Control: Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Centers for Disease Control: Tips for Managing Anxiety and Stress COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control: Guidance for Older Workers COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control: Public Health Recommendations for Community-Related Exposure
- Centers for Disease Control: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers COVID-19
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Whistleblower Protection Program
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration: Notice Regarding Coronavirus Outbreak
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Memo on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 2.0 (March 28, 2020)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Advisory Regarding COVID-19 from the Office of Labor Management Standards
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Waiver
Utility Industry Guidance
- Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council: Assessing and Mitigating COVID-19
- Edison Electric Institute: Electric Companies & Pandemic Planning
- American Petroleum Institute: Pandemic Planning Guide
State Alerts and Updates
- *New* AFL-CIO: Federal and State Resources for Workers
- Council of State Governments: Summary of State Executive Orders – COVID-19 Resources for State Leaders