UWUA Human Rights Committee
Mission: To provide advocacy, training and support to UWUA local unions and members in the areas of Human Rights/Civil Rights, and all matters of discrimination in the workplace.
The Human Rights Committee can provide the following for you and your local
- Design, customize and implement skills building workshops for large and small locals.
- Provide threat assessment support for local officers. (We help evaluate negative situations and provide solution-based advice.)
- Develop a local union human rights person or committee.
- Diversity and/or communications training for your officers or local membership.
- Assist with organizing.
The Human Rights Committee members support the five regional districts of the National Union.
Region I: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and other Caribbean Territories
Region II: Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia
Region III: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas
Region IV: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Region V: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Guam and other Pacific Rim Territories
- Jan/Feb/Mar 2016
- July/Aug/Sept 2016
- Local Spotlight
- Member to Member Campaign
- Oct/Nov/Dec 2016
- Photo Gallery
- Political Action
- Press Releases 2016
- Renewable Energy
- UWUA Convention 2015
- UWUA E-News 2016
- UWUA Training Trust Funds
- Veterans Affairs and Information
- West Virginia Right to Work