- Local 175 and National Union Fight to Keep Power Plants Open
Local 175 and National Union Fight to Keep Power Plants Open Local 175 and the National Union are fighting to keep two power plants open in southern Ohio. Owned by Dayton Power & Light, the Stuart Station and Killen Station plants provide 3000M...
- UGWU Local 69 Ratifies New Contract, Adds New Union Jobs with Atlantic Coast Pipeline Maintenance
UGWU Local 69 Ratifies New Contract, Adds New Union Jobs with Atlantic Coast Pipeline Maintenance As part of UGWU Local 69’s newly ratified contract with Dominion, the local’s workforce will operate and maintain a 660 mile pipeline and compressor s...
- UWUA Winning Big in Organizing Campaigns and Collective Bargaining in Ohio
UWUA Winning Big in Organizing Campaigns and Collective Bargaining in Ohio Despite intense and unprecedented attacks on collective bargaining sweeping the Midwest, Utility Workers have won a string of important victories both in organizing cam...
- UWUA Local 18007 Business Manager Receives Award for Outstanding Service to Veterans
UWUA Local 18007 Business Manager Receives Award for Outstanding Service to Veterans On March 21st, Local 18007 Business Manager, National Executive Board Member and USN Veteran Rick Passarelli received an award from Teamsters General President Jam...
- Attitude of Professional Women toward Unions: Collective Bargaining Would Amplify Their Voices
Attitude of Professional Women toward Unions: Collective Bargaining Would Amplify Their Voices The results of a recent survey performed by the Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO (DPE) are showing positive signs for labor organizing among...
- UWUA Women’s Caucus Keeping up Momentum during Women’s History Month
UWUA Women’s Caucus Keeping up Momentum during Women’s History Month On January 21st, 2017, Utility Worker women from across the country made the long trek to Washington DC for a historic Women’s March on Washington. Through the impressive organizin...
- President’s Message: Tough Times for Working People
Tough Times for Working People! These are going to be tough times for working people. Regardless of your party affiliation and allegiances, state and national activity point to a rough ride for those of us who get up, go to work, put in an honest day...
- 2017 Power for America Conference
The Third UWUA P4A National Conference is coming this October AND YOU NEED TO BE THERE! The UWUA P4A Conference provides the opportunity for hundreds of our members to come together and share useful, practical information so local officers a...
- Coal Industry Casts Itself as a Clean Energy Player
When it comes to clean coal, UWUA is way ahead of the curve. For years we’ve worked hard to support the research and development of clean coal technology through Carbon Capture and...
- ACT NOW to stop “Right to Work” in Kentucky!
We need you to ACT NOW to stop “Right to Work” in Kentucky! You can call committee members to express your objections at 1-800-372-7181 The State Legislature is attempting to push through “right-to-work” legislation this week, with a vote...
- Jan/Feb/Mar 2016
- Jan/Feb/March 2017
- July/Aug/Sept 2016
- Local Spotlight
- Member to Member Campaign
- Oct/Nov/Dec 2016
- Photo Gallery
- Political Action
- Press Releases 2016
- Renewable Energy
- UWUA Convention 2015
- UWUA E-News 2016
- UWUA E-News 2017
- UWUA Training Trust Funds
- Veterans Affairs and Information
- West Virginia Right to Work